Pick any three questions to answer out of the following: Feel Free to pick an additional question for extra credit. Your answers for each of the questions should be at least (1.5) page—double spaced—and typed. These are thinking questions.
Use all of the resources you can find on the internet, books, magazines, social science databases etc. Examples being: JWU Library databases, Sociology Text, and search Google for relevant websites etc. so as to find cutting edge information to help you answer questions.
1. Pick a revolution that seems to be going on somewhere in the world, and analyze it through the three lenses of Functionalism, Conflict Theory and Symbolic Interaction. Examples of events would be the following: The American Revolution, Hong Kong demonstrations for democracy, Market Basket Workers on strike, Ferguson– MI demonstrations, Racism, The Occupy Movement, Syria, Russia & the Ukraine; ISIS, Black Lives Matter , Earth Day & Ecology, Organic Foods Movement etc. United States 2016 Presidential Election, CyberRevoutions—WikiLeaks & Anonymous etc.—Pick a Revolutionary Movement of your choice. What social, cultural, economic, political and technical forces helped to create this revolution?
2. Some writers and social scientists have defined several contemporary generations in the following categories: Baby Boomers, Generation X, Generation Y, and Generation Z. Describe each of these generations relative to; age, values, size, beliefs, economic impacts and aspirations of each group. Based on these definitions, which category do you fit in? Does the description of the general group fit you? And how are you different from the general description of your generation? How do you feel that you differ from your parents generation relative to: marriage, family, work, home ownership, student debt; etc?
3. How is deviancy defined? Give examples of Positive and Negative types of deviance?
If the World could clone genetic deviations out of its gene pool through gene therapy or human cloning– at a genetic level –what good and bad sociological implications can you imagine?
4. Pick one of the following cultish groups and describe the history, and in general, why many members were attracted to the group, and the positive, and or negative societal impacts. What was the process that the “cult” used for the re-socialization of members so as to adopt new values and lifestyles? a.) Charles Manson—“The Family” . b.) The Unification Church—Sun Myung Moon. c.) Heavens Gate—Marshall Applewhite d.) Jim Jones—The Peoples Temple. Or more traditional groups such as: the Masons, the Skull & Bones Secret Society at Yale University, the Illuminati, etc. If you can think of a group you would like to explore not listed above, feel free to research your choice.
5. Select a major sociological theorist and describe the impact they had in the theoretical and applied Sociology. Ideally you should pick your own, but possible suggestions would be: Auguste Comte, Herbert Spencer, Emile Durkheim, Karl Marx, Max Weber, Jane Addams, and George Horton Cooley, George Herbert Mead, Harriet Martineau, W.E.B. Du Bois, C. Wright Mills, Erving Goffman, etc.
6. What is the impact of technology on cultures around the world? Choose three major technical breakthroughs throughout the world that have had a dramatic global impact. Describe the changes in the culture or cultures—analyze the pros and cons of the technology.
7. Define socialization. Research and describe three cases as to what happens to humans if deprived of “normal” socialization. What role does socialization play relative to language acquisition? What happened to Harry Harlow’s Rhesus monkeys deprived of normal socialization?
8. Describe the synoptic implications of cloning, cells, animals, and people. How might it change the culture and the definition of what it means to be human?
9. Develop your own sociology question / and answer.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.