Assessment details: Directions: You will be represented with a detailed Problem Based Learning Package that has been developed around a hypothetical clinical case scenario. This scenario will provide you with information about the client and his/her family in the form of clinical history, assessment, treatment, events and issues that arise at various moments along a care/management journey for this client. You are asked at various points in the package to respond to this stimulus material in the forms of ideas, reflections and hypothetical clinical nursing management responses. In addition PBL requires that a plan of nursing care be developed for this hypothetical person. The Nursing Care Plan and the accompanying discussion paper is the only aspect of the PBL Package to be handed in for marking at the completion of the package. As part of the care plan students should include a brief discussion outlining the rationales for the nursing intervention/s outlined. This can be appended to the plan when handed in for marking. This discussion is likely to be more that about one size A4 size page. References can be appended on a separate page. Nursing care Plan 500 words with an accompanying discussion paper 200 words for PBL plan submitted. Assessment criteria/guidelines: Appendix A: Marking Criteria for Assessment 1 PBL Requirement: The PBL requires that plan of nursing care can be developed for a hypothetical person. Plans of nursing care are to be handed in for marking at the completion of the package. Each of the two plans of nursing care will be marked according to the following criteria: 1. Presentation and structure (5 marks)
• The plan of nursing care is clearly and systematically set out.
• There is evidence of careful editing to correct spelling mistakes and ackward expression.
• All sources for the plan of nursing care are fully referenced using standard referencing procedures. 2. Content and research (15 marks)
• The plan of nursing care identifies appropriate problem statements or Nursing Diagnoses. See your prescribed texts or any other contemporary comprehensive mental health nursing text that addresses the formulation of Nursing Diagnoses and the development of Nursing Care Plans
• The plan of care identifies appropriate short term goals that have been developed hypothetically with your client. These goals serve as the basis for measuring whether your care plan has achieved its intended outcomes and is therefore effective as a plan of care. Goals need to be SMART Goals SMART- Simple, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-frame
• Nursing interventions appropriate for each problem statement are recorded in the care plan
• The plan of nursing care provides evidence of a systematic approach to evaluating the outcomes of nursing interventions, I,e, there are clear, specific measurable, observable outcomes, based on the goals developed in the planning stage and there are timeframes set for achievement and review of these stated outcomes.
• The plan of care includes a brief person-centered discharge plan that is specifically tailored to the needs of the client and his/her family carers,
• The care plan is accompanied by a brief discussion paper outlining the rationale/s for the nursing intervention/s outlined in the care plan. There is a sample Nursing Care Plan. 500 words on Nursing Care PLan and 200 words for discussion Get Nursing Homework For You Today