Human Rights Assignment | Human Rights
This Final Project outline should consist of:
1. WORKING TITLE: be specific, including time and place.
2. A Very specific research question, such as:
a) What are the Human Rights of people with disabilities during this Coronavirus pandemic in the U.S.?
b) What Human Rights do College student athletes have today in the United States?
c) How can K-12 teachers in California teach special needs students about their Human Rights?
d) What are the Human Rights of immigrant children detained in the United States for crossing the U.S. border? (Examples of a non-specific question is: What are Human Rights?) In addition, questions that focus on HR violations in other countries are not allowed, such as: How are the rights of minorities in Pakistan being violated? And please, do not argue that COVID-19 is a “Chinese Virus.”)
3. Include 3 peer-reviewed scholarly articles from the SF State Library One-Search database. https://library.sfsu.edu/onesearch
You will have to expand your search with (in most cases) a new, more specific research question. Make sure you reference them following APA citation guidelines (rather than just provide an url.)
4. Include 3 news media articles from major newspapers, such as the NY Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, etc. that are directly related to your research question. Blogs, Wikipedia, and other internet websites are not allowed.
For items 2 and 3, you will need to re-do your Library One-Search exercise, to include the 3 peer-reviewed research articles, plus the 3 news media articles. For help you can contact a Librarian via email, or chat (see Library website).
5. United Nations Convention, Covenant, or Declaration at stake: Mention 1) one UN document, with all specifics, that you are analyzing and bringing into your final project. Be specific: such as Convention on the Rights of the Child, or Convention on People with Disabilities, citing articles that are being violated. AND Mention 2) a broader UN doc, such as the UDHR or ICESRC, which also includes an article that is being violated. It is important that you start with a specific treaty or declaration, and then move to a broader document, which actually spurred the creation of the more specific ones.
6. Significance of your project: In a 150-word paragraph, summarize in detail the relevance of your question in relation to a) what’s going on in the U.S. today (relating it to global matters); and b) how this topic relates to you in your everyday life, and to your community today.
Universal Declaration of Human Rights | United Nations ://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/ Human rights here and now: http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/edumat/hreduseries/hereandnow/Default.htm UDHR @ 70: Video https://youtu.be/uA1IZkWycMk What are the Universal Human Rights?: Video https://youtu.be/nDgIVseTkuE