Human Gut Microbiome Assignment | Human Gut Microbiome
Watch the video above and answer the following questions.
1. What is the gut microbiome?
2. Where are the microorganisms mostly found?
3. Why do bacteria in large intestine not cause harm?
4. What affects the composition and the number of microbes we have?
5. Which phyla do the most abundant bacteria found in the human gut belong to?
6. Describe the effects of the gut microbiome on host physiology in terms of metabolism, gut morphology, immune system, nervous system, and bone homeostasis.