Hrm 546 wk 2 | Human Resource Management homework help
Resource: Human Resource Dilemmas, Timothy Reverson, in Ch. 6 of Employment Law.
Research legal cases on employment discrimination and alternative dispute resolution using online law libraries of your choice.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper, written in the third person voice, and address the following questions:
- How would you characterize the employment practices in this case scenario? Was it legal and ethical for the company to terminate Timothy Reverson over his pay raise argument?
- What elements of law are important for Timothy Reverson to consider in advancing his case?
- What elements of law are important for the company to consider in defending its position, including that of forced arbitration?
- Evaluate the actions of the company in this situation. What could have the company done to prevent the situation and what more could the company do to ensure that this type of situation would not occur in the future?
- What are the broader implications of this situation for the company? What consequences can occur to the company?
- What resolution to this situation might a Human Resource Director suggest other than forced arbitration and the company lawyer’s motion to dismiss?
Include justification for your responses by citing a minimum of two laws and a minimum of two legal cases in your discussion.
Relate the legal cases you select to the issues presented in the case scenario.
Consider issues such as corporate culture, progressive discipline, other types of alternative dispute resolution, company brand and reputation, and any strategic steps that should be addressed in your responses.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines,
Use a minimum of two in-text citation sources within the paper, in addition to the two laws and two legal cases required above, and identify them in your APA correctly formatted References page.