Health Issues in Gerontology Assignment 2: Essay Assessment Instructions Essay Question: Falls are common among older people and often result in fractures or other serious injuries (McClure et al. 2005; Rubenstein 2006; Sattin 1992; Tinetti et al. 1988). In Australia, about one-third of older people experience at least one fall in a year (Gill et al. 2009; Lord et al. 1993; NSW Health 2010). In relation to the statement above construct your essay covering the following topics –
• Discuss the incidence of falls in the older adult population (>65yrsr) in the community, hospital and residential aged care environments.
• Evaluate the impact of a fall injury on the individual and the health care system.
• Identify the contributing factors for falls for the older age group.
• Describe the role of the nurse in fall assessment and prevention strategies in health care environment.
• Describe fall prevention strategies that you as a nurse would provide a patient upon discharge from hospital. The word count for this essay is 2200 words. Marking rubric is outlined in table below for your reference. All supporting literature must be cited (in text citation) and listed (end reference list) using APA referencing style. At least 20 – 25 references. Higher percentage of supporting literature must be peer reviewed (no Wikipedia accepted). Get Nursing Homework For You Today