HLT 362V Applied Statistics for Health Care Professionals – Grand Canyon
HLT 362V EXERCISE 23
1. What is the r value for the relationship between Hamstring strength index 60Â°/s and the Shuttle run test? Is this r value significant? Provide a rationale for your answer.
2. Consider r = 1.00 and r = -1.00. Which r value is stronger? Provide a rationale for your answer.
3. Describe the direction of the relationship between the Hamstring strength index 60Â°/s and the Shuttle run test.
4. Without using numbers, describe the relationship between the Hamstring strength index 120Â°/s and the Triple hop index.
5. Which variable has the weakest relationship with the Quadriceps strength index 120Â°/s? Provide a rationale for your answer.
6. Which of the following sets of variables has the strongest relationship?
a. Hamstring strength index 120Â°/s and the Hop index
b. Quadriceps strength index 60Â°/s and the Carioca test
c. Quadriceps strength index 120Â°/s and the Side step test
d. Quadriceps strength index 60Â°/s and the Triple hop index
7. In Table 5, two r values are reported as r = -0.498 and r = -0.528. Describe each r value in words, indicating which would be more statistically significant, and provide a rationale for your answer.
8. The researchers stated that the study showed a positive, significant correlation between Quadriceps strength indices and pre- and postoperative functional stability. Considering the data presented in the Table 5, do you agree with their statement? Provide a rationale for your answer.
9. The researchers stated that no significant relationship could be described between Hamstring strength indices 60Â°/s and functional stability. Given the data in Table 5, explain why not.
10. Consider the relationship reported for the Quadriceps strength index 120Â°/s and the Hop index (r = 0.744**, p = 0.000 ). What do these r and p values indicate related to statistical significance and clinical importance?
HLT 362V EXERCISE 24
1. What is the r value listed for the relationship between variables 4 and 9?
2. Describe the correlation r = -0.32** using words. Is this a statistically significant correlation? Provide a rationale for your answer.
3. Calculate the percentage of variance explained for r = 0.53. Is this correlation clinically important? Provide a rationale for your answer.
4. According to Table 2, r = 0.15 is listed as the correlation between which two items? Describe this relationship. What is the effect size for this relationship, and what size sample would be needed to detect this relationship in future studies?
5. Calculate the percentage of variance explained for r = 0.15. Describe the clinical importance of this relationship.
6. Which two variables in Table 2, have the weakest correlation, or r value? Which relationship is the closest to this r value? Provide a rationale for your answer.
7. Is the correlation between LOT-R Total scores and Avoidance-Distraction coping style statistically significant? Is this relationship relevant to practice? Provide rationales for your answers.
8. Is the correlation between variables 9 and 4 significant? Is this correlation relevant to practice? Provide a rationale for your answer.
9. Consider two values, r = 0.08 and r = -0.58. Describe them in relationship to each other. Describe the clinical importance of both r values.
10. Examine the Pearson r values for LOT-R Total, which measured Optimism with the Task and Emotion Coping Styles. What do these results indicate? How might you use this information in your practice?
One of the study goals was to examine the relationship between optimism and psychopathology. Using the data in Table 2, formulate an opinion regarding the overall correlation between optimism and psychopathology. Provide a rationale for your answer.
You may clearly understand what an essay is and have had the experience of writing a number. However, it is […]
The day inevitably comes; you need to submit your assignment. You have been procrastinating on writing your paper until the […]
Choosing a paper topic can be a daunting task for any assignment. A student may face agony trying to come […]
The media is an integral part of modern society. Think of what would happen to the world if there were […]
A hypothesis is a statement that can be proven by scientific research. It proves the theory of action and reaction, […]