History of health education | Social Science homework help
Ashford 5: – Week 4 – Discussion 1
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
History of Health Education
In examining the history of health and health education in your textbook you have no doubt seen the strong connections that we have to our past. Given the recent fears of epidemics and pandemics your discussion this week is to examine the most devastating pandemic the world has ever known.
- What were the major epidemics of the Middle Ages?
- Which was the most devastating?
- Why were they so feared?
- What factors contributed to the spread?
- What were some of the strategies used to by people to prevent these diseases?
- After reading Chapter 2, in your opinion why were epidemics so much more common in the Middle Ages versus the ancient civilizations of Egypt, Greece, and Rome?
Guided Response: Read your classmates’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers by Day 7. In your responses, discuss the current viruses and bacteria you fear and what you feel would be an effective strategy for minimizing risks to the greater population.