History of Education Assignment | History of Education
History of Education Assignment – 100 pts.
The purpose of this assignment is to explore education from a historical perspective including key events and figures that impact the profession today. You will use both the textbook and electronic resources to summarize your learning.
Please use textbooks and reliable electronic resources. You are required to cite your sources (references).
For resources, these are suggestions:
• U.S. Department of Education (www.ed.gov)
• Center for Public Education (www.cpe.og
) • NAACP (www.naacp.org/pages/naacp-legal-history)
• NABE (www.nabe.org)
• IDEA (www.idea.ed.gov
For this project, you will write a 5 paragraph essay (or more) exploring the history of education. You would begin from Colonial days and continue through today. There is a good article on (www.cpe.org) that will help you understand the development of education through the years. Remember by the 1840’s America was transformed by economic development and many changes occurred in our education. Therefore, discuss these changes and landmark court cases including Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) and Brown v. Board of Education (1954).
* Brown v. Board of Education (1954) is considered to be one of the greatest Supreme Court decisions of the 20th Century.
• Please review your paper for grammar, syntax, spelling, and word choice. Organize your information in an appealing manner. ** See formatting and other guidelines below. 25 points
• The introduction of your paper must contain a clear and apt thesis, as the last sentence of the paragraph. 25 points • The analytical body of your paper must contain three topical paragraphs, each of which features a uniquely worded and purposeful topic sentence at the beginning of each paragraph Each topic paragraph must contain ample evidence/ arguments/ examples, supporting the topic sentence. 40 points
• The conclusion of your paper should be written in such a manner as to reconnect the reader’s attention with the controlling idea expressed in the thesis statement. 10 points Your paper should give reasonable evidence of your ability to think critically as well as creatively about the topic on which you wrote.
**Formatting and other Guidelines:
• At the top left-hand corner of your essay, indicate your name and EDUC 1301
• Use font #12
• Times New Roman
• Double space
• Center your title and capitalize keywords, then triple space
• Indent your paragraphs, using the Tab key
• Do not use the word You in your essay