History Assignments | Online Homework Help
Choose TWO of the following prompts below and answer them in an essay of approximately 500-750 words for each. You do NOT need to cite sources or use support quotes like you do in your weekly source analysis, but you do need to provide specific examples of people, events, and ideas in support of your answer.
- The Aztec and Incan empires had massive standing armies, had conquered and subdued all their neighbors, and drastically outnumbered the Spanish, yet both fell incredibly quickly to the Spanish once conflict broke out. How was that possible? What decisive advantages did the Spanish have, and why didn’t the Aztec have them too?
- How did the ideas of the Enlightenment pave the way for the American Revolution? What ideas and concepts did it introduce that sowed the seeds for Revolution?
- What would you say were the three most pivotal moments of the American Revolution? Limit your discussion between the years 1774 and 1781. You must explain in detail why your chosen events are so pivotal, and you do not have to only discuss battles.
- How and why did the United States develop its first political parties and two-party system? What were the ideas that divided the nation, and what specific debates highlighted those issues?
- Compare and contrast the federal government under the US Constitution with the government that England had when the 13 colonies rebelled. Did the US create the very thing that it fought against? You can argue whatever answer you want, as long as you make a strong case.