History 7 Essay Assignments | Online Homework Help
Make a 4-5-page paper (minimum 4 pages), Times Roman – 12point-double spaces, make an argument about inequality, oppression, and resistance in the US from the start of the time period covered at the first chapter and the end in the book. Your essay should explain how you define oppression, inequality, and resistance. Who are the primary oppressors? Who are the primary victims? What are the primary modes of resistance? Which modes of resistance are successful? Which are failures? How do you measure these failures and successes?
YOU MUST USE EXAMPLES FROM ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ONLY:
- From this book à Give Me Liberty! An American History / Edition 4
- A Peoples’ History. Link Source: http://www.historyisaweapon.com/zinnapeopleshistory.html
- Lastly, from these 3 videos below videos ONLY:
Africans in America: America’s Journey through Slavery (1/4) –
Terrible Transformation (1450-1750):
Yanis Varoufakis: The Future of Capitalism | The New School
Ken Burn’s The West 03 The Speck Of The Future 1848-1856 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnngrgexbiU
FOLLOW THESE RULES/NOTES:
- PLEASE UNDERLINE YOUR STRONG THESIS!
- Have a thesis which demonstrates a change over time
- A strong UNDERLINED thesis (a thesis is one sentence).
- 12 point times roman font double spaced
- Cite everything in Chicago style format
- Topic sentences that tie your evidence to the thesis (Make sure the language of each topic sentence is taken directly from the thesis!)
- Evidence from ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ONLY: course text, Video, and Lecture/discussion, ONLY!
- Minimum of 10 citations
- Do not use contractions (Can’t, couldn’t etc.)
- Only capitalize a word if necessary
- Do not give a book report, it is an essay
- No quotes or citations in a topic sentence
- Do not include cited material in the opening paragraph
- Take a stand, no weak thesis or topic sentences
- It is a history paper, everything should be in the past tense.
- Include direct quotes that are less than two lines long that support your answer.
- Write a sentence or two to explain each quote.
- Conclusion paragraph should explain how the evidence and findings support your thesis.
Please. Thank you…….