For this assignment, you will be exercising the parts of your brain that access and create visual imagery. You are asked to take a blank piece of standard 8 ½ x 11-inch piece of unlined paper and make an image or series of images that reacts to Histories excerpt and to produce a short piece of writing that illuminates and explains your work.
1. Review the excerpt of the text in full and find a visual image or series of images that really grabs you. Choosing the imagery is a creative act in itself and is a crucial part of your project.
a. Consider choosing a single physical object that plays a crucial role in a passage. What does it reveal about Herodotus and/or the people he is describing?
b. Or maybe you’d like to focus on a piece of poetic imagery or description from the text.
c. Another idea is to pick a theme for your Image sheet, like Animals Mentioned in the Histories, or Oracles and other Magic Stuff,
2. Think about and plan how to respond to this imagery with visual content of your own design.
a. Will you make a drawing? Will you seek to illustrate the image in a literal sense, or maybe respond to it in an abstract way?
b. Will your image sheet even contain what we think of as a “drawing,” or will it be something that resembles a diagram? Remember that charts, diagrams, graphs, collages, and other types of infographics are fair game for this. NOTE: Drafting/drawing/illustration ability has nothing to do with a student’s successful completion of this assignment.
3. Make multiple versions and drafts of your image/images on different sheets of paper. Set aside real time for this, and spend real time on this. Work and re-work the image in successive drafts until you are really pleased with your Image Sheet.
4. Write a two-paragraph Artist’s Statement that explains the connection between your image and the text. Again: take great care in revision and editing, both for content and for errors. Be sure discuss and blend both literary/analytical elements AND your own artistic process.
5. Scan or photograph your Image and save the file, usually a JPG, PDF, or PNG.
6. Upload your Image and paste in your Artist’s Statement into a discussion post on the Herodotus folder on Canvas.
GRADING CHECKLIST: 5 points each
1. Has successfully uploaded the post on time, and it contains both the scanned-in Image Sheet, and the 2-paragraph Artist’s Statement.
2. Gave the post an original title, not just “Herodotus Post” or the student’s name.
3. Embedded a viewable Image Sheet and artist’s statement WITHIN the post, rather than attaching the image as a file that can’t be seen.
4. Created an Artist’s Statement consisting of two paragraphs that is a sharp, analytical, moderately formal piece of error-free writing that aptly explains the connections between the Herodotus text and the Image Sheet. It blends academic discussion of the text with discussion of artistic process.
5. Made sure that the Artist’s Statement text is not part of the Image, and must not obscure the image or be super-imposed over the image in any way.
6. Incorporates COLOR as a significant element in the Image.
7. Has taken the photography/scanning process seriously for the Image, and has avoided uploading a dim, poorly-framed, badly cropped, or otherwise unattractive digital representation of the Image.
8. Clearly spent an impressive, prodigious amount of time on this project.
9. Uses the Image, not just the Artist’s Statement, to demonstrate a knowledge of the text that is truly comprehensive and specific, almost but not quite to the point of being obsessive.
10. Is innocent of intellectual laziness and has proven this by avoiding the most obvious, typical, and shallow choices a student might make. There is a clear effort to push past the obvious into something that is deeper and a great deal more fun than the kind of student work that’s easily predictable.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.