Hca 415 week 4 discussion 1
Need help with this discussion the highlighted need to be answered
Public Health Disasters & Preparedness
Read through the emergency disasters below. Select one of these scenarios and then complete the following steps:
· Scenario No. 1: “Dragon/Volcano Emergency Response”
· Scenario No. 2: “Vaccine Gone Awry Emergency Response”
· Scenario No. 3: “Tornado Scenario”
· Scenario No. 4: “Tropical Cyclone and Flooding”
· Scenario No. 5: “Zombie Apocalypse”
Imagine you are the director of FEMA using NIMS when this disaster occurs.
· Develop a PSA (using either Screencast or video) that informs the population of what will be done to resolve the issue. Address these elements in your video:
o Describe the nature of the situation.
o Explain what FEMA and others are doing to mitigate the situation.
o Explain what people need to do to stay safe and/or to get help in order to reduce panic.
· Your vocal tone should be one that is meant to reduce panic and provide a solid explanation of the above elements.
· Copy and paste the URL to your video or screencast within your discussion forum response. If you are unable to create a YouTube video for this discussion, you may use a screencast program. However, you do not need to develop a PowerPoint presentation. This discussion is meant to assess your communication abilities, therefore, the audio portion of the video and/or screencast is essential. If you elect to use the screencast option, you may simply use a picture of yourself reporting the above information in lieu of a PowerPoint.
Questions to think about while formulating your response to the public:
· What are the issues you will address first?
· Which organization is responsible for what? Where will you allocate your resources?
· What public health concerns are the results of each of these events?
· Which populations might be most at risk?
· What are some of the long-term health effects of these events?
· What other health concerns may arise from these events?
· What will you say to the people, who are desperately awaiting your direction?