Group Therapy with Older Adults Assignment | College Homework Help
Group Therapy with Older Adults
As the population continues to age, more and older adults will require therapy for various mental health issues. While the group setting offers many benefits and makes therapy more accessible to those in need of services, this therapeutic approach may not be effective for all clients.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE AN ORDER
For this Discussion, as you examine your own practicum experiences with older adults in group therapy settings, consider strategies to improve the effectiveness of your sessions.
· Analyze group therapy sessions with older adults
· Recommend strategies for improving the effectiveness of group therapy sessions for older adults
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, and consider the insights provided on group therapy with older adults.
· Reflect on your practicum experiences with older adults in group therapy settings.
· Post a description of a group therapy session with older adults,
· including the stage of the group,
· any resistances or issues that were present,
· and therapeutic techniques used by the facilitator.
· Explain any challenges that may occur when working with this group.
Support your recommendations with evidence-based literature