Group Outline | Online Assignment Help
Type: Group Project
Unit: Local Disaster Response Planning
Due Date: Wed, 10/31/18
Grading Type: Numeric
Points Possible: 150
Deliverable Length: 4-5 pages
View objectives for this assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All Collapse All | Expand All
My Group: You have not been assigned to a group yet
|Group Member||Contact||Group Work Submissions|
|You have not been assigned to a group yet.|
Key Assignment Draft
As a group, come to a consensus and select a community within the United States that one of the group members had addressed in his or her risk profile assignment. Using the community that you have selected, pick 1 of the hazards that was identified in the community’s risk profile, and write a hazard-specific emergency response plan that includes the following components.
· As a group, address the following in 4-5 pages:
· Who will comprise your planning committee? Explain.
· Identify public and private sector partner agencies and elected officials (if any) that should serve on the planning committee.
· What are the component parts of the plan (be specific and detailed)? Explain.
· What participating agencies may be more or less involved in which parts of the plan development? Explain.
· Are there subject matter experts (SMEs) or other entities that should be involved in any one specific area of the plan development? Explain.
· Based upon the emergency management concept of incident management that includes the phases of preparedness/mitigation, response, and recovery, identify the actions that will need to be taken in each phase as they relate to the hazard you have selected.
· Identify the major challenges that the community and responders will encounter when responding to the hazard.
· What solutions exist (e.g., mutual aid, contract services) to overcome those challenges? Explain in detail.
· What should be the short- and long-term recovery goals of the community following this event’s occurrence?
· Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
You must decide as a group how you will divide up responsibilities for drafting this plan.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Erickson: Ch. 9, 10, 11