Group Experience Assignments | Online Homework Help
March 2nd, 2020
Analyze what you discovered about yourself while observing a counseling or support group. Please focus on the following when developing your response:
- Evaluation of group processes: Identify the type of group. Discuss to what extent you were able to assess group organization and goals.
- Application of ethics: Was confidentiality discussed or reiterated at the onset of the group meeting? Was the setting appropriate to facilitate confidentiality?
- Effective group facilitation: Some support and self-help groups are led by volunteers without formal training who learn effective skills through experience.
Click Here to Place Order
- Assess the facilitator’s style and application of group management techniques. If there was a co-leader, describe your observation of roles and cohesiveness.
- Personal reflection: Using anonymous examples, describe how insight of this process might influence your theoretical perspective, facilitation style, and appreciation of group work. How does this compare to points raised in the “The Benefits of Group Therapy Observation for Therapists-in-Training” article?