Grief Assignment | Homework Help Websites
(TO BE SUBMITTED IN PDF1)
• Explain how grief affects the family.
• Recognize the pre-need, at-need and post funeral counseling opportunities.
• Recognize when to make referrals to the appropriate community or professional
For your Final Project, design a USER-FRIENDLY aftercare grief plan for your (real or
imagined) funeral home. This information should be presented in a one page, tri-fold brochure
format2 and contain the information below. There are 5 different categories and each section
should be identified with a heading. The brochure should be attractive , user friendly and ready
for immediate distribution to grieving families. – 25 pts. if not submitted in PDF.
The following content should be included in the brochure:
Opening statement: This statement explains the purpose of the brochure. It is the “first
impression” the grieving families will have of the funeral home’s aftercare program. You only
have one chance to make a “first impression”. (5 pts)
Business information (real or imagined): Information for the real or imagined funeral home
providing the aftercare information should include the (1) name, (2) physical address, (3) phone
number(s), (4) website address. (5 pts)
1. At least 3 children’s trade books dealing with grief. No credit given for adult books
helping children handle grief. Include (1) title, (2) author, (3) publisher, (4) copyright date, (5)
description of content. (15 pts)
Trade books are books written for children and are found in libraries/book stores/online book
2. At least 3 YouTube videos and/or TED talks about grief. Do not include those assigned in
this class. Include (1) title, (2) URL, (3) year, (4) length, (5) description. (15 pts)
1 -25 pts. if not submitted in PDF. 2 -20 pts. if not submitted in tri-fold brochure format. (There are free websites for brochure formats).
3. At least 3 community/area grief support groups in your immediate vicinity3
Include (1) name, (2) physical address, (3) phone number, (4) website info. (15 pts)
4. At least 3 grief-based websites: (1) name, (2) URL address (3) description. (15 pts)
5. At least 3 grief counselors and/or grief therapists in your immediate vicinity3
Include (1) name and title, (2) physical address, (3) phone number, (4) website address.
(15 pts) List individual counselors/therapists.
Professional presentation: (15 POINTS)
• Correct spelling, correct grammar, correct punctuation (5 pts)
• Well-organized and format crieria met. (5 pts)
• Attractive and user-friendly (5 pts)
5 pts will be deducted every time the word “grief” is misspelled.
20 pts will be deducted if not presented in a one page, tri-fold
brochure format. (Websites available for free brochure formats).
No credit will be given for resources listed in this class.
Why PDF? 25 points will be deducted if you do not submit your
final project in PDF (Portable Document Format).
PDF files are compatible across multiple platforms. PDF ensures the
security and retains the formatting of digital documents. PDFs are
universal and viewable on any device. Submitting final documents in
PDF is the industry standard.