Gideon v. Wainwright 372 U.S. 335, 83 S. Ct. 792 (1963).
Your paper should incorporate the following areas. Headings for different sections can be used.
1. The history of the 6th Amendment as it relates to the right of counsel.
2. The history of Gideon the man and the case from his crime through trial and appeal and what ultimately happened to the case after the Supreme Court ruling.
3. A synopsis of the U.S. Supreme Court Opinion.
4. A social history of the time as it relates to this case.
5. A look at the current state of the public defender system.
6. Was the goal of providing criminal defendants counsel met. Is the system fair today.
7. Anything else that you found interesting.
This paper does not have a page limit, do a thorough but concise analysis.
Write your paper in Times New Roman 12 point font.
Use APA format: Cover page, citations and reference page. [See: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.) if you have questions on APA formatting]
You should have at least 10 citations including the actual case. [Although you may well have twice as many]
( on the attachement its what I wrote if someone can fix it for me as it states on instructions 1-7)