Freshman Skills Assignment | College Homework Help
December 17th, 2019
Chapter 8: Communication
- Identify the steps and characteristics of the ladder of powerful speaking, strategies for mastering public speaking, examples of effective thesis statements, the percentage of communication that’s verbal, the characteristics of the steps to effective writing, and conflict resolution strategies.
- Explain strategies for effective listening, what effective “I” messages are, strategies for skilled writers, how you can learn from instructors you may not like, how to display openness when listening, what “questions are not always questions” means, what effective conflict resolution is, and effective ways to say “no.”
- Demonstrate ways to restate complaints as requests.
- Compare and contrast verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Provide examples of effective “I” messages.
- Describe characteristics of effective thesis statements.
- List strategies for effective communication.
- Define “noise” (in regard to communication theory), purpose (in regard to writing), and prejudice
- Read the e-Chapter 8
- Participate in the Discussion Board (BlackBoard).
- You must post a reply to your instructor.
- Pick two classmates, read their posts, and then leave a comment on their posts.
- Threaded discussion require a meaningful initial post of at least 250 words and 2 additional posts of at least 100 words each (See Syllabus)
- Do all required activities/quiz/assignment on Cengage for the week and be able to submit/complete before but not later than December 22.
- Do the Everfi Sexual Misconduct Prevention Training for Undergraduate Assignment Get Education homework help today