FRAMING THE PHOTOGRAPHS Assignment | College Homework Help
Assignment: Framing the Photograph
In photography, it is not always a simple matter of centering the subject in the frame and taking the shot. Two photographers, when presented with the same scene, could end up with two very different photographs. These changes may be based on what they choose to leave in the frame, what they leave out, or the angle they use. As a result, the two photographs could convey very different meanings. In this Assignment, you will take a photograph, demonstrate elements of framing in that photograph, and then describe its meaning.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Chapter 1 in The Photographer’s Eye.
- Compose a photograph that reflects the following framing elements:
- Type of frame
- Orientation of the photograph
- Filling the frame
- Placement of the subject of the photograph in relationship to the space surrounding it
- Division of the frame
- Horizon line
By Day 7
- Upload your photograph into a 2-slide PowerPoint presentation (Note: If you need assistance with PowerPoint, view the tutorial in this week’s Optional Learning Resources.)
- Slide 1: Photograph with a brief description of the subject.
- Slide 2: Write a 1- to 2-paragraph description of how you used elements of framing in the composition of your photograph. Assess how effective you were at achieving your photographic goal. Describe what you might do differently in future photographs. Support your assertions by making at least two references to your course readings.Get Computer science homework help today