Financial Statement Analysis Assignments | Online Homework Help
Write a five- to seven-page comparative financial statement analysis of the three companies listed below, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In this analysis, you will discuss the financial health of these companies with the ultimate goal of making a recommendation to other investors. Your paper should consist of the following sections: Company Overview, Comparison of Accounting Methods, Ratio Analysis, Final Recommendation, Conclusions. You will also submit an appendix as a separate document. Additional research may be necessary to provide company background information or to support your analysis and recommendations. Your paper needs to include a minimum of two scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or credible resources in addition to the textbook as references.
Download Form 10-K for each company.
Form 10-K: The Coca-Cola Company
- Accounts receivable, page 66
- Inventories, page 66
- Depreciation, page 66
- Goodwill, page 66
Form 10-K/A: Keurig Dr Pepper Inc
- Financial Statements and notes start on page 53.
- Click on Investors
- Click on Download 2016 Form 10K
- Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Accounts receivable, page 59
- Inventories, page 70
- Depreciation, page 60
- Goodwill, page 61
2017 PepsiCo annual report
- Financial statements and notes start on page 79
- Accounts receivable, page 87, Note 2
- Inventories, page 124, Note 13
- Depreciation, page 96, Note 4
- Goodwill, page 96, Note 4
Provide a brief overview of the three companies (at least two pages). What industry is it in? What are its main products or services? Who are its competitors? Where is the company located?
- Calculate the current ratio, quick ratio, gross profit percentage, inventory turnover, accounts receivable turnover and asset turnover ratios for all three companies for the current year.
- Note: Cash includes cash and cash equivalents and short term investments.
- Explain how the ratio is calculated and discuss and interpret the ratios that you calculated.
- Discuss potential liquidity issues based on your calculations of the current and quick ratios.
- Are there any factors that could be erroneously influencing the results of the ratios?
- Discuss liquidity issues of the three companies.
Comparison of Accounting Methods
In your paper, ascertain from the notes of the financial statements the following:
- Explain the difference between the allowance method and the direct write off method for accounts receivable. Document the method used for each of the three companies.
- Explain the difference between the straight-line, double declining balance and the unit of production depreciation methods. Document the method used for each of the three companies.
- Explain the difference between LIFO and FIFO and document the method used for each of the three companies.
- Explain the different categories of intangible assets and document the method used for each of the three companies.
Based on your analysis, would you recommend an individual invest in this company? What strengths do you see? What risks do you see? It is perfectly acceptable to state that you would recommend avoiding this company, as long as you provide support for your position.
Include an appendix in a separate document. The appendix must include screenshots of the financial statements and information obtained for the receivables, intangible assets, depreciation, and inventory. You can get help with creating an appendix in APA format by using the Ashford Writing Center’s guide, Tables, Images, & Appendices (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
The Financial Statement Analysis Final Paper
Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
APA Formatting for Word 2013
- Must utilize academic voice Academic Voice
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least two scholarly/peer-reviewed and/or credible resources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in.