Online Textbook must be used as reference…..
I will give login information for you to use the book as a reference and get any information for the paper.
When you login, you will click on Blackboard on the left side of the page under my resources and then on the next screen that pops up you click on Financial Management under My courses which is on the right of the page.
It is the Financial Management class that you need to access and it is Unit III that has the assignment that needs to be completed for the week.
You work as a financial analyst at a large automobile corporation that occasionally makes acquisitions of smaller companies that specialize in the production and assembly of small component parts. In order to achieve vertical integration of its newest sports sedan model, the company is evaluating a few manufacturing companies that have experienced strong financial performance in the past few years. These companies would make excellent acquisitions due to the nature and quality of the product and the anticipated ease of transition. You have been tasked to evaluate these companies from a financial perspective and choose one. To do this, you need to brush up on a few concepts by addressing the following topics:
Click Here to Place Order
- Describe what a crediting rate/score is. Should this be a factor in evaluating companies?
- The firm will need to raise funds immediately for the acquisition, and debt will be used. Should the firm borrow on a long-term or short-term basis? Why?
- Explain the effect, if any, inflation rates will have on the purchase? How significant is this factor?
- Define the relationship between yield curves and the term structure of interest rates.
- Explain what would happen to interest rates if a new process was developed that allowed automobiles to run off oil that was formulated based on lemonade? The technology used to convert this liquid to gas would be pricey but well worth it. What impact would this technology have on interest rates?
- Discuss what ratios should be used to assess the financial health of the potential acquisition?
Your completed case study must be at least two pages in length, and you must use at least your textbook as a reference. Other references may be used as needed. Any information from a source used must be cited and referenced in APA format.