Financial case assignment | Business & Finance homework help
Case Brief Assignment
Select a case from text or from any other source. Look up the full case online. You can use UHD library website, or another one such as Google, Legal Information Institute, etc. Read and brief.
1. Citation. Give the full citation for the case, including the name of the case, the date it was
decided, and the court that decided it.
2. Facts. Indicate (a) the reasons for the lawsuit; (b) the identity and arguments of the
plaintiff(s) and defendant(s), respectively; and (c) the lower court’s decision—if appropriate.
3. Issue. Concisely phrase, in the form of a question, the essential issue before the court. (If more
than one issue is involved, you may have two—or even more—questions here.)
4. Decision. Indicate the court’s specific answer to the question in the issue section above.
5. Reason. Summarize the reasons given by the court for its decision and the case or statutory law relied on by the court in arriving at its decision.
6. Opinion. Give your opinion of the case/relevance/importance to professionals, etc.
More sources for the assignment, and two attached PDFs
For Securities-Enforcement PDF : Go to page 8 section G