Case Brief Assignment
Select a case from text or from any other source. Look up the full case online. You can use UHD library website, or another one such as Google, Legal Information Institute, etc. Read and brief.
1. Citation. Give the full citation for the case, including the name of the case, the date it was
decided, and the court that decided it.
2. Facts. Indicate (a) the reasons for the lawsuit; (b) the identity and arguments of the
plaintiff(s) and defendant(s), respectively; and (c) the lower court’s decision—if appropriate.
3. Issue. Concisely phrase, in the form of a question, the essential issue before the court. (If more
than one issue is involved, you may have two—or even more—questions here.)
4. Decision. Indicate the court’s specific answer to the question in the issue section above.
5. Reason. Summarize the reasons given by the court for its decision and the case or statutory law relied on by the court in arriving at its decision.
6. Opinion. Give your opinion of the case/relevance/importance to professionals, etc.
More sources for the assignment, and two attached PDFs
For Securities-Enforcement PDF : Go to page 8 section G
You may clearly understand what an essay is and have had the experience of writing a number. However, it is […]
The day inevitably comes; you need to submit your assignment. You have been procrastinating on writing your paper until the […]
Choosing a paper topic can be a daunting task for any assignment. A student may face agony trying to come […]
The media is an integral part of modern society. Think of what would happen to the world if there were […]
A hypothesis is a statement that can be proven by scientific research. It proves the theory of action and reaction, […]