Finance case study | Business & Finance homework help
The purpose of this assignment is to provide a “hands on” experience to synthesize the personal finance concepts that you have learned throughout the semester by applying them to a “real life” individual or family. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Read the Personal Financial Case assigned to you.
2. Each financial planning case encompasses a variety of ages, situations, and financial challenges to analyze. Feel free to add additional assumptions to the case as long as they are realistic for the situation and described in your report.
3. Review the Financial Case Study Scoring Sheet to learn the criteria for grading this assignment.
4. Prepare a written report of no more than five pages (double-spaced, double between paragraphs) about the case study and your analysis and recommendations.
Your financial case analysis should include the following items, as appropriate:
- A discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the individual or family’s financial situation
- Correction of any misinformation that the individual or family has about financial topics
- Comments about the individual or family’s cash flow
- Comments about emotional issues related to the individual or family’s financial situation
- Calculations of the savings required to reach financial goals
- 3 to 5 recommended action steps to improve the individual or family’s financial situation
- Recommended financial products such as bank accounts, insurance policies, and mutual funds (real products found through research).
- Available resources that can assist the individual or family to improve their finances
- Any other information that you feel is useful and germane to the case
- References for source materials used to analyze the case (feel free to use your textbooks, class notes, Web sites, financial publications, and other resources to assist in your analysis). APA format throughout, including a cover page with your name and section on it.