Finance Assignment | Online Homework Help
Portfolio Simulation Wrap Up
Finance 341 – Spring 2019
This is due on 6/10/2019 at 6 pm (the time of the final exam). I am considering this part of the final exam because it is comprehensive but for syllabus grading purposes it will be part of the StockTrak portion of your grade.
Turn in via Canvas
Throughout the quarter we have periodically been adjusting a portfolio. This purposes of these exercises have been to give you practice finding potential investment opportunities, evaluating the quality of those opportunities, practice implementing those investment strategies, and finally how to evaluate your performance. This portfolio simulation wraps up is intended to focus on the last point “evaluate your performance” and to prepare you for investing in real life.
Your wrap up report should be no more than two pages total and include the elements below. Additionally as an appendix (i.e., not counted against the two pages) should be a list of all your transactions. It is important that you put together a professional document.
- Your investment philosophy going forward (i.e., what will you do once you have some money to invest.
- A real brokerage that you think is well suited for your financial positions once you graduate. a. This will require outside research. Be sure to justify why you selected that particular
3. A well-organized table with important performance statistics such as:
- Cumulative return over the quarter, average daily return, alpha, beta, and Sharpe Ratio. 4. A plot of the cumulative return over the quarter.
5. Explanation of your performance metrics.
For this assignment, you’ll need to download your portfolio’s performance data. In StockTrak you can do this from “Portfolio Charts.” Follow this link for more information: https://content.stocktrak.com/stocktrak-student-user-guide/
The Portfolio Simulation is worth 10% of your total grade. This wrap up will be worth half of that portion of your grade (i.e., 5% of your overall grade in this course). I mention this because it is important to your final grade to do well on this. The rubric for grading this assignment is as follows:
- Completion of all the elements (20%)
- Investment philosophy (20%)
- Brokerage justification (20%)
- Professionalism (no spelling/grammar errors, clean looking tables, etc.) (20%)
- Quality of explanation of performance metrics (20%