families in particular circumstances | Education homework help
Families in Particular Circumstances [CLOs: 1, 2, 4]
Young children are often affected directly and/or indirectly by their family’s circumstances. While some may suggest that they leave their problems at the door, young children are rarely developmentally ready to do so. When families are in a crisis, it is increasingly important that teachers provide additional support for the child’s social-emotional needs. This often includes extending support beyond the child and onto the family.
For this discussion, reflect on one of the following circumstances described in your textbook chapters: divorce and/or remarriage, children with special needs, families with infants, abuse, and neglect).
For this discussion:
- Identify the circumstance you have selected.
- Provide an analysis of the circumstance and how it can impact education.
- Describe a minimum of two community resources you would provide for an educator working with a child and family experiencing your particular circumstance. For example, when working with families of divorce, you could share the NASP’s website: Divorce: A Parent’s Guide for Supporting Children (Links to an external site.).
- Discuss the importance of supporting families in particular circumstances. What are the benefits to the child and family? How can this circumstance affect the learning environment?
- Support your ideas by referencing the course text and at least one additional outside resource.