Expansion of Operations Assignment | Homework For You
February 13th, 2020
- The firm is looking to expand its operations by 10% of the firm’s net property, plant, and equipment. (Calculate this amount by taking 10% of the property, plant, and equipment figure that appears on the firm’s balance sheet.)
- The estimated life of this new property, plant, and equipment will be 12 years. The salvage value of the equipment will be 5% of the property, plant and equipment’s cost.
- The annual EBIT for this new project will be 18% of the project’s cost.
- The company will use the straight-line method to depreciate this equipment. Also assume that there will be no increases in net working capital each year. Use 35% as the tax rate in this project.
- The hurdle rate for this project is 2.43
- Property, Plant & Equipment, net is 2,130,294 (in thousands)
- Your calculations for the amount of property, plant, and equipment and the annual depreciation for the project
- Your calculations that convert the project’s EBIT to free cash flow for the 12 years of the project.
- The following capital budgeting results for the project
- Net present value
- Internal rate of return
- Discounted payback period.
- Your discussion of the results that you calculated above, including a recommendation for acceptance or rejection of the project. Get Finance homework help today