1. In a hypothesis test for the population variance, the alternate hypothesis is the population variance does
not equal 17.0. The significance level to be used is 0.05 and the sample size to be taken is 25. The table
value(s) to use from the chi-square distribution is/are
C. 12.401 and 39.364.
D. 13.120 and 40.647.
2. The vertical distances between observed and predicted values of y are called
A. methods of least squares.
B. errors of prediction.
C. least square lines.
3. In testing for the equality of two population variances, when the populations are normally distributed, the
10% level of significance has been used. To determine the rejection region, it will be necessary to refer to
the F table corresponding to an upper-tail area of
4. In testing the difference between two population means using two independent samples, we use the
pooled variance in estimating the standard error of the sampling distribution of the sample mean difference
A. ample sizes are both large.
B. sizes are both greater than 30.
C. populations are at least normally distributed with equal variances.
D. populations are nonnormal with unequal variances.
5. A random sample of males and females involved in rear-end accidents results in the following Minitab
summary:What is the standard error of the statistic between the two means?
N MEAN MEDIAN TRMEAN STDEV SEMEAN
FEMALES 33 23.91 20.00 23.38 9.77 1.70
MALES 38 28.87 28.50 28.44 9.67 1.57
6. A balanced experiment requires that
A. an equal number of persons or test units receives each treatment.
B. the number of treatments equals the number of samples.
C. at least one sample equal size is 30.
D. at least two treatment groups be used.
7. An indication of no linear relationship between two variables would be a coefficient of
A. determination equal to 1.
B. determination equal to −1.
C. correlation equal to −1.
D. correlation of 0.
8. Lily Energy Systems manufacturer’s wood-burning heaters and fireplace inserts. One of its systems has
an electric blower, which is thermostatically controlled. The blower is designed to automatically turn on
when the temperature in the stove reaches 125°F and turn off at 85°F. Complaints from customers indicate
that the thermostat control is not working properly. The company feels that the thermostat is acceptable if
the variance in the cutoff temperature is less than or equal to 175. The company takes a sample of 24
thermostats and finds that the variance equals 289. The calculated chi-square test statistic and the table
value for a 0.05 significance level are
A. 37.983, 38.076.
B. 37.983, 35.172.
C. 38.076, 38.99.
D. 35.172, 38.99.
9. Given the significance level 0.025, the F-value for the degrees of freedom, df = (7,3) is
10. The object on which the response and factors are observed is called
B. experimental unit.C. factor level.
11. The F-statistic in a one-way ANOVA represents the variation
A. within the treatments minus the variation between the treatments.
B. between the treatments divided by the variation within the treatments.
C. within the treatments divided by the variation between the treatments.
D. between the treatments plus the variation within the treatments.
12. In testing a population variance or constructing a confidence interval for the population variance, an
essential assumption is that
A. expected frequencies equal or exceed 5.
B. the population is normally distributed.
C. the population is uniformly distributed.
D. sample size exceeds 30.
13. Which of the following statements are true regarding the simple linear regression model y
is the slope of the regression line.
is a nonrandom error.
is a value of the dependent variable (y) and x
is a value of the independent variable (x).
is the y-intercept of the regression line.
14. A left-tail area in the chi-square distribution equals 0.95. For df = 10, the table value equals
15. Another name for the residual term in a regression equation is
B. pooled variances.
C. residual analysis.
D. random error.
16. A random sample of males and females involved in rear-end accidents results in the following Minitab
N MEAN MEDIAN TRMEAN STDEV SEMEAN
FEMALES 33 23.91 20.00 23.38 9.77 1.70
MALES 38 28.87 28.50 28.44 9.67 1.57End of exam
What is the value of the test statistic (Z score)?
17. In using the ANOVA models, the assumptions made about the data are
A. the samples are independent.
B. all 3 assumptions made here about the data.
C. the population variances are equal.
D. the population distributions are normal.
18. What is the slope of the line that passes through the points (−5, −8) and (3,8)?
19. Consider the following data values of variables x and y.
Find the least squares regression line.
x 4 2 6 4 3
y 5 3 7 6 5
A. 1.122 + 1.073x
B. 1.659 + 0.932x
C. −1.045 + 0.932x
D. 21.206 + 1.073x
20. In testing the difference between two population means using two independent samples, the sampling
distribution of the sample mean difference x̄1
is normal if the
A. population sizes are both greater than 30.
B. populations are nonnormal and the sample sizes are large.
C. sizes are both greater than 30.
D. populations are normal.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.