Evidence-Based Practice and Case Management Assignment | Management
Evidence-Based Practice and Case Management
Using your chosen chronic illness from the list below,
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
• Diabetes Mellitus type 2
• Childhood Asthma
you will explore the use of evidence-based practice and how it is incorporated into case management patient care guidelines and pathways.
• Identify and discuss current best practices. Address the importance of basing case management on current evidence.
• Identify and evaluate published guidelines.
• Identify and discuss clinical pathways and how they relate to your chosen illness.
Reading and Resources
• Pizzi, Michael A,PhD., O.T.R./L. (2014). Promoting health, wellness, and quality of life at the end of life: Hospice interdisciplinary perspectives on creating a good death. Journal of Allied Health, 43(4), 212-20.
• Annicka G M van der,Plas, Vissers, K. C., Francke, A. L., Donker, G. A., Jansen, W. J. J., Deliens, L., & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, B. (2015). Involvement of a case manager in palliative care reduces hospitalisations at the end of life in cancer patients; A mortality follow-back study in primary care. PLoS One, 10(7)
• Meyer, Star,R.N., B.S.N. (2012). Care management role in end-of-life discussions. Care Management Journals, 13(4), 180-3.
• Review the National Committee for Quality Assurance certification criteria.
• All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
• Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
• Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
• Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
• Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
Choose One: Instructions:
Paper • 4 to 6-page paper. Include title and reference pages.
Identify and discuss best practices
Evaluates published guidelines
Appraises clinical pathways
APA, Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation. No errors in APA, Spelling, and Punctuation.
References Provides two or more references.