Evaluating Access Control Methods Assignments | Online Homework Help
Week 6 Assignment 3 – Submit Here
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 3: Evaluating Access Control Methods
Due Week 6 and worth 50 points
Imagine that you are the Information Systems Security Specialist for a medium-sized federal government contractor. The Chief Security Officer (CSO) is worried that the organization’s current methods of access control are no longer sufficient. In order to evaluate the different methods of access control, the CSO requested that you research: mandatory access control (MAC), discretionary access control (DAC), and role-based access control (RBAC). Then, prepare a report addressing positive and negative aspects of each access control method. This information will be presented to the Board of Directors at their next meeting. Further, the CSO would like your help in determining the best access control method for the organization.
Write a three to five page paper in which you:
- Explain in your own words the elements of the following methods of access control:
- Mandatory access control (MAC)
- Discretionary access control (DAC)
- Role-based access control (RBAC)
- Compare and contrast the positive and negative aspects of employing a MAC, DAC, and RBAC.
- Suggest methods to mitigate the negative aspects for MAC, DAC, and RBAC.
- Evaluate the use of MAC, DAC, and RBAC methods in the organization and recommend the best method for the organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Speculate on the foreseen challenge(s) when the organization applies the method you chose. Suggest a strategy to address such challenge(s).
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze information security systems compliance requirements within the User Domain.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security strategy and policy formation.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information technology audit and control using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric.