Ethics in Leadership Assignment | Homework Help Websites
Ethics in Leadership Assignment #2
Article #2 – Leadership Principles Assignment
First – Select or expand your topic area (transgender ban) and select the same of different issue;
Second – Make sure that you are working on either an expansion of your first issue (there is more information to explore, or there is a different aspect of the issue that is focused on leadership) or select another discrete issue in your topic area.
Assignment Due: Sunday, March 7, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Parameters of the Article–The article must be at least 4 pages but no more than 6 pages, not counting the title page and references.There are 8 questions in this assignment. Use your page allocations wisely so that every question gets an adequate amount of space in your discussion. Make sure to continue to use the definitions on ethics that we have used in this class and any additional class handouts for the maximum points.
Questions to answer in the article – Looking at the actions of President Trump and the White House with respect to his discourse, policies and actions in your issuearea:
- Is there evidence based on Price’s (2008) assumptions about Trump’s actions or discourse that he believes that hedeserves a “moral exception” for his rule-breaking or promise-breaking actions as it relates to the issue you identified?When answering this overall question:
- Analyze eachassumption (included in the summary below, page 3) and comment on whether the assumption is reflected in Trumps dialogue or actions?
- Do Trump’s followers agree with granting Trump a moral exception for the decisions he has made regarding your issue? Make sure to discuss follower’s opinions. If there are not some specific discussions from followers on this topic, what have non-supporters said about Trumps actions?
- Based on the actions that Trump has taken regarding your topic and specific issue, answer the following questions:
- AnalyzeTrump’s actions on your topic based on the difference between Price’s (2008) discussion ofpsychological and ethical egoism (pages 80-87) [This information in included in the summary, but you should read it for yourselves in the book]. Since psychological egoism includes selfish desires and ethical egoism does not, how do followers justify Trump’sinclusion of his selfish desires in his self-interests?
After reading the attached article on Narcissism and Unethical Leadership, analyze whether, with respect to your issue, Trump has either demonstrated or not demonstrated one of the unethical behaviors 1) one-way communications, 2) one-way control of power, 3) insensitivity to others4) unrealistic assessment of the environment, 5)