Choose four of the following questions to answer. Each is worth 25% of your overall test grade.
Choose two of the following:
1) Based on “The Apology” by Plato – (i) provide an elucidation of Socrates’ indictments; (ii) elaborate his defences against these charges; (iii) provide three arguments to convince your reader that the asking of questions can count as a form of corruption (specifically, an act that can corrupt others); and (iv) provide three arguments to convince your reader that the asking of questions may not count as a form of corruption (specifically, an act that can corrupt others).
2) Based on lectures and “The Apology” by Plato – Socrates never advances positive knowledge, but seeks knowledge by attempting to discover what cannot be a case of knowledge based on the reasons others offer as evidence for that “knowledge”. How does this largely negative exercise help us discover/move towards knowledge?
3) Ethical Egoism – (i) provide an elucidation of the various versions of ethical egoism that exist (look to the textbook AND my lecture(s)); (ii) provide two arguments not included in the TEXTBOOK for why ethical egoism (specify which version(s) you are referencing) contains internal tensions/confusions/problems that make the position implausible; and (iii) provide two arguments for why even if ethical egoism is true/plausible (specify which version(s) you are referencing), ethical egoism does not challenge our ability to engage in practical ethics together.
3) Utilitarianism – (i) elaborate what utilitarianism amounts to as described in the textbook; (ii) provide four arguments not referenced in the textbook to suggest that utilitarianism suffers from tensions/confusions/problems; and (iii) defend utilitarianism on two grounds not offered by the textbook itself.
4) Kant’s Deontology – (i) elaborate Kant’s account of deontology (his Categorical Imperative); (ii) outline four issues not referenced in the textbook to argue that Kant’s deontology suffers from tensions/confusions/problems; and (iii) defend Kant’s deontology on two grounds not offered by Kant himself.
5) Virtue Ethics – (i) elaborate Aristotle’s account of virtue ethics; (ii) outline four issues not referenced in the textbook to argue that virtue ethics suffers from tensions/confusions/problems; and (iii) defend virtue ethics on two grounds not offered by Aristotle himself or the textbook.
Choose two of the following:
6) “All Animals are Equal” by Singer – (i) elaborate Singer’s argument in this piece; (ii) outline three issues not referenced in the textbook to argue that Singer’s argument suffers from tensions/confusions/problems; and (iii) defend Singer’s argument on three grounds not offered by Singer himself or by the textbook.
7) “Animal Citizenship” by Donaldson and Kymlicka – (i) elaborate the authors’ argument in this piece; (ii) outline three issues not referenced in the textbook to argue that the authors’ argument suffers from tensions/confusions/problems; and (iii) defend the authors’ argument on three grounds not offered by the authors themselves or by the textbook.
8) “Should Trees Have Standing? Toward Legal Rights for Natural Objects” by Stone – (i) elaborate Stone’s argument in this piece; (ii) outline three issues not referenced in the textbook to argue that Stone’s argument suffers from tensions/confusions/problems; and (iii) defend Stone’s argument on three grounds not offered by Stone himself.
9) “The Biocentric Outlook on Nature” by Taylor (Section IV – The Denial of Human Superiority) – (i) elaborate Taylor’s argument in this section; (ii) outline three issues not referenced in the textbook to argue that Taylor’s fourth section suffers from tensions/confusions/problems; and (iii) defend Taylor’s argument in his fourth section on three grounds not offered by either Taylor or the textbook.
Book: Environmental Ethics for Canadians (2016). Ed. Byron Williston. Second Edition. Oxford University Press.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise the quality of our essay services. Our essay helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements in the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all paper writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
MyHomeworkWriters guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy. As such, MyHomeworkWriters ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Essay Writing Services
MyHomeworkWriters holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality academic services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements and wait for quality results.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our essay help service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop essay help services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of essay writing services.