Essay writing | Foundation of Human Services
Congratulations! You were selected to move on to the interviews for your dream job in Unit 2. For this stage in the application process, you must create a hypothetical case study for a child and family and document your initial biopsychosocial assessment. In this scenario, you may decide whom the child is living with (such as biological parents, a single parent, a grandparent, another family member, or a foster parent).
For this assignment, please respond to the following:
Subjective and Objective Information
- Describe the client demographics (age, sex, gender, race or ethnicity, family composition and history, living situation), reason for referral, presenting problem(s) and a brief description of the agency setting (objective information).
- Provide client comments.
- For example, child, mother, father, or sister (names) reports or states the following: (subjective information)
Systems Theory Assessment
- Analyze how the child in your scenario is impacted from a nature versus nurture standpoint.
- Using the ecosystems theory and the person-in-environment framework, please fully explain the presenting problem(s) of the child and the family.
- According to multiple systems in the human environment, examine the influences present in the child’s micro, mezzo, and macro system.
- Analyze how the child in your scenario is impacted from ecosystems theory.
- How do social environment and various systems influence the child’s behavior?
- Include positive and negative system influences such as church, school, peers, family members, neighbors, culture, community services, and the media.
- What are your recommendations and intervention strategies for this child and family?
Ethics, Values, and Self-Care Strategies
- What challenges could working with this child and family pose for you as a human service professional?
- What personal values or self-bias could potentially impact your ability to work effectively with this child and family?
- What ethical dilemmas could present themselves in this case study?
- What self-care strategies would you practice to respond to the ethical dilemmas, conflicting values, and self-bias?
Your Assignment should be a 4-6 page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs, using the provided headings as a guideline in your paper
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of human service theories.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of four scholarly, academic sources, with one of these references being the textbook.
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style
- If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Writing Center.
This Assignment assesses the following Course Outcome:
HN501-2: Apply ethics, values, and self-care strategies to professional practice and human services delivery.
Submitting Your Assignment
Save your file in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit, select the Unit 4 Assignment Dropbox and upload your file. To view your graded work after your instructor has evaluated it, please visit your Gradebook.