Environmental Chemistry Assignment | Professional Essay Writers
1. What are the elements that have the folowing electron configurations?
a) 1s 2s 2p 3s 3p 43°3d”4pºss?
b) 1s 2s 2p
c) 1s 2s 2p 3s 3p 4s 3d”
d) s2s22p 3s 3p 45°3d4p5s4d’_
2. How many orbitals does each of the following subshells have?
a) s _
c) f _
d p _
3. How many electrons does each of the following subshells have?
d) p _
4. A sunburn is caused by overexposure to ______ radiation.
5. Give the ground state electron configuration for Cd+2.
6. What value of 1 is represented by a d orbital?
7. Write the complete electron configuration (spdf notation) of argon atom:
8. Which quantum number describes the shape of an orbital?
9. Draw and explain the following:
the vertical height of a wave
10. The yellow light given off by a sodium vapor lamp used for public lighting has a wavelength of 589 nm. What is the frequency of this radiation?