Environmental Chemistry Assignment | Professional Essay Writers
1. (2) A plot of a graph of In (O2) against time is a straight line. What is the order of the reaction with respect to oxygen?
i. zeroth order.
ii. first order.
iii. second order..
iv. more information is required f.
2. (2) You have carried out a reaction at series of different temperatures and determined the rate constant, k, at each temperature, T. What graph would you have to plot to determine if the reaction exhibits Arrhenius style kinetics?
i. X-axis: 1/T,y-axis : Ink.
ii. x-axis: T.y-axis :k.
iii. x-axis: In T, y-axis : Ink.
iv. x-axis: T.y-axis : Ink g.
3. In the Arrhenius equation what does e-BA/RT represent?
i. the effect of temperature on the collision frequency between two molecules.
ii. the fraction of molecules with energy greater than the activation energy.
iii. the reduction in activation energy on addition of a catalyst.
iv. the sensitivity of a reaction to the concentration of one of the rearents.
4. Which of the following correctly describes the steric factor?
i. It is the minimum energy a molecule must have for a collision to result in a chemical reaction.
ii. It is a measure of the frequency with which molecules collide.
iii. It tells you how sensitive a reaction is to the orientation in which two molecules collide.
iv. It is the change in energy that occurs when you go from reactants to products.
5. (2) Molecule “D” can undergo two different competing decomposition reactions to form molecule “E” with rate constant ke, or molecule “F” with rate constant kr. If ke = 2kr, then how do the concentrations of E and F compare?
i. [E] =2[F]
ii. [E] = [F]
iii. [E] [F].
iv. it depends how long the reaction has been going.