English Discussion Question Assignment | Homework Help Websites
March 12th, 2019
Those who score highest will respond with a thorough post that incorporates parts of the play in support of their claims, will sufficiently respond to and interact with their classmates, and will use standard English throughout their replies. Respond to at least two of the questions below:
- How would Glaspell’s audience in 1916 likely feel about Mrs. Hale’s and Mrs. Peter’s decision at the end of the play? What about a modern audience? Why?
- Which passages indicate bonding between the women? Why?
- How do the men put the women down? What are some passages that indicate this attitude on the part of the men?
- How does Glaspell condition the audience to accept the final decision of the women at the end of the play?
- What role does the setting play in the development of the plot and theme?