Eng 325 week 5 assignment
Public Writing Essay
Using the topic you selected in Week Three’s Business Writing Essay assignment, construct an essay that discusses a public issue or concern. For this assignment choose one of the following:
- Write an opinion/editorials article for your local newspaper
- Write a speech that could be delivered in a public forum
The essay should use standard writing practices such as subheads, bullets, charts and figures.
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of essay
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three appropriate sources for the intended public audience, including at least one government source, and one industry-specific source. These sources may or may not be the same as the sources you used to create your Annotated Bibliography for the Week Two assignment.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement that clearly states why the issue identified should be considered a public concern.
- Must contain at least three fully-developed body paragraphs must clearly support the thesis statement with relevant supporting points and critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that restates the essay’s main points and reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.