Educational Psychology Midterm Review Assignment | Educational Psychology
June 26th, 2020
Educational Psychology Midterm Review
- Chapter 1: Differences between a new teacher and a more experienced teacher (how they measure the progress?).
- What are the concerns of Educational Psychology
- Research methods(Cross-sectional, Ethnography, Experimental, Longitudinal
- No child left behind act
- Chapter 2: Vygotsky’s theory and Piaget’s Cognitive Stages, also his concepts of adaptation, assimilation, equilibration.
- The brain (areas of the brain involved in the movement, review the cortex, frontal lobe and cerebellum functions).
- Object permanence.
- Chapter 3: Review development at the following broad concepts cognitive, Personal, Physical, and Social (understand what each of these concepts involves).
- Theory of Mind concept, Erickson’s Psychosocial Stages of development (make sure you know the age range and the particular events and social crises of the stage)
- Chapter 4: Garner’s theory of intelligence, Binet contributions to Intelligence testing, and the use of labels in special education.
- Chapter 5: Language: syntax and semantics, bilingualism