Use the research you have gathered to write a seven paragraph essay about your chosen career.(Political science )
1. Begin with an introductory paragraph stating who you are and your career plans. Explain why you are interested in your career.
2. Your second paragraph and third paragraphs should summarize the information you found in the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) and the second source you chose. Write about the salary, job outlook, a brief description of the job’s responsibilities and the required education.
3. If you are utilizing an interview as a source, be sure to include interesting quotes from the person you talked to about the nature of the work. You may want to include advice you got during the interview. If you are not using an interview as a source, you may want to talk in detail about your educational plans in this paragraph (What steps will you take? What tests will you take?).
4. Now it’s time to talk about your financial future according to the Texas Reality Check report. Describe the lifestyle you intend to live, list the total monthly expenses and annual salary you will need to cover your expenses. Discuss whether the national average salary listed in the OOH will cover your expenses. Does the job pay more in Houston according to TRC? If it doesn’t, describe what steps you will take to deal with this situation. If you will have excess income, talk about that.
5. Compare the annual salary you will need to live in Houston to the salary you would need to live the same lifestyle in three other cities. Use the information from the CNN Money Calculator. Discuss that comparison. Tell the reader why you would like to live in the different locations. If family, groceries, housing or transportation are significant factors, write about that. If your career is dependent on location, tell the reader about that.
6. Write about how you can help your community as you learn the transferable “soft skills” employers are looking for while volunteering, participating in Service Learning or working at an internship. Use the information you found at http://Volunteermatch.org to write this paragraph.
7. As a conclusion, write your long-term career goal into a paragraph. State what your goal is and by what date you plan to achieve it. Tell the reader three specific steps you will take to make the goal a reality. Acknowledge obstacles that will get in your way and say what you plan to do about those. End your essay with a narrative statement describing what your life will look like and how you will feel when you reach your goal.
Your essay must be typed, double-spaced, and formatted according to APA or MLA style. You must create a title page (only if you are using the APA format) and a reference page according to APA or MLA style. When you use data from your research, you must follow that data with in-text citations. See the examples provided and use the citation generators suggested. Your teacher will provide a grading rubric to follow.