Documentary Review Paper Assignment | College Homework Help
Documentary Review Paper
Homestretch (Docuseek, CSUSB Library): follows homeless teens in Chicago as they struggle to finish school.
· Write a 3- 4 page summary of the documentary on Homestretch
2. Criminological Theory
· Apply Social Control theory to the behaviors of one of the children in the documentary.
· Outline the basic arguments of the theory and then use the propositions (main arguments) of the theory to account for the youth’s behavior. What aspects of the theory explain the youth’s behavior well?
3. Class Concepts
· Relate issues that are talked about in the documentary to concepts (e.g., issues with school, family, peers, neighborhood, police, etc.). How do the concepts relate to the individuals in the documentary?
· Should discuss 2 concepts in detail.
· Do not choose a theory as a class concept for this part.
· Write about a prevention program that could be created to help the youth impacted in the documentary.
· Where should the program exist (e.g., school, court, neighborhood, etc.)?
· How can it be made accessible to at-risk juveniles?
· How would it help prevent delinquency from happening or help reduce harm to this population?
5. Altogether the paper should be 8-10 pages.
· For this paper, you will need to have at least 4 references. These need to be scholarly peer-reviewed sources. This means books, articles from journals, or government documents. One of the sources can be the textbook: Lawrence and Hesse (2010). You can have other types of sources but the required 4 need to be the scholarly peer-reviewed sources. These sources should mostly be used in parts 2 and 3, especially when explaining the theory.