Documentary Film Review Assignment | Buy assignments online
AHVS392 A02: DOCUMENTARY FILM REVIEW
TAKE NOTES OF YOUR OBSERVATIONS DURING ALL FILMS VIEWED IN / FOR
Writing a Documentary Review
Step 1 Give details of the documentary
• Title of the documentary
Step 2 Explain the purpose of the documentary
• What is the purpose of the documentary?
• What is the main message the director wants to get across to the audience?
Step 3 State your prior knowledge of the subject
• Did you know anything about the subject before you watched the documentary?
• What did you expect to see?
• What questions did you have about the subject?
Step 4 Summaries the documentary
• Who / What is the subject of the documentary?
• What is the documentary about? What are the main events (if any)?
Step 5 Give personal comments and recommendation
• Which part of the documentary do you like most?
• What have you learned from it?
• Was there anything that surprised you?
• What are the drawbacks of the documentary?
• Would you recommend this documentary to your friends?
Length: 500-750 words (approx 2-3 pages, double spaced, 12 point font)