Distribution Strategy Of A Manufacturing Company Assignment | Buy assignments online
Write a 700 word white paper for a consulting company about the supply chain and distribution strategy of a manufacturing company, based on a library article.
- Competency 1: Design a supply chain to support an organizational strategy.
- Explain why a company’s supply chain strategy is successful.
- Competency 2: Improve efficiency in the supply chain.
- Competency 3: Manage a supply chain in order to satisfy customers.
- Describe how a company has changed its supply chain to satisfy its customers.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing, critical thinking, and academic integrity by appropriately attributing sources.
Supply Chain Basic Functions
The functions basic to all supply chains are:
Fundamental decisions are required from supply chain managers to define strategy in developing a supply chain that will effectively meet these four requirements.
Supply Chain Planning
Planning or forecasting includes decisions needed to define operations of the other four supply chain functions. Three approaches to supply chain planning are:
- Demand forecasting.
- Product pricing.
- Inventory management.
Sourcing or procurement involves decisions that determine the source of the resources that a firm requires for operations. This function traditionally included activities such as purchasing, consumption management, vendor selection, contract negotiation, and contract management. Recent global developments and trends in outsourcing have made this a dynamic changing role for supply chain managers.
Making or producing is the economic process of converting resources into goods and services. Typical activities in this function include product development and design, operations facility management, and production scheduling.
Distribution or delivering can include order management, delivery scheduling, and order processing. Inventory placement and delivery centers are of prime importance in supply management as the cost effectiveness of the entire system can rely upon the efficient delivery function
For this assessment, consider that you work as a business analyst for a consulting firm that specializes in helping clients improve their operations and associated processes. Your manager asked you to write a white paper that they will use to demonstrate how your firm can help clients implement best practices in their supply chains and distribution channels, and you and your manager selected Dell as the subject of the white paper.
Dell has been selling computers for over 25 years with its unique, direct build-to-order sales model.
As part of your research into Dell’s supply chain and distribution strategy, you identified related articles in the Capella library (linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading) that you decided to use to help you write your white paper. You and your manager decided your white paper should address the following points:
- Analyze why Dell’s supply chain strategy is successful.
- Describe the main supply chain challenges that Dell is now facing and provide strategies to effectively overcome the challenges.
- Analyze how Dell has changed its supply chain to satisfy its customers. As an example, was Dell’s decision to sell its products via retail outlets a viable solution? Do you agree with this distribution strategy? Why or why not?
Based on the intended audience, your report should be well organized and written in clear, succinct language. Target 700 words. Attributing sources in your professional and academic work supports your analysis and conclusions and demonstrates ethical behavior and academic honesty. Following APA rules for attributing sources provides consistency and ensures that readers can locate original sources if desired.
Academic Integrity and APA Formatting