Discussions Assignments | Online Homework Help
For your initial post, consider a current or previous employer and an organizational issue or strategic goal they had (e.g., talent acquisition, employee retention, low employee engagement, poor performance management, etc.). Briefly describe the issue and respond to the following guiding questions, taking into consideration the SHRM Body of Competency & Knowledge model:
- What strategic initiatives did HR implement to resolve the organizational issue or achieve the company’s strategic goal?
- What behavioral competencies did HR professionals need to demonstrate in order to gain management buy-in and successful implementation of the HR initiatives?
- What might the impact be if HR initiatives are not developed across an organization? (For example, what would happen if the organizational issue were employee retention, but HR only focused on talent acquisition and the hiring of individuals with the right skill set?)
Child Care Facility Analysis
Take a video tour of Little Angels Learning Academy (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. in Missouri. As you watch the video, analyze various aspects of the facility and how it is designed, organized, used, and maintained. Support your analysis by referencing the philosophy, vision, and mission statement that you created in Week One. Facility aspects include safety, welcoming environment, indoor space, outdoor space, health and well-being, philosophy of learning, staff, developmentally appropriate practice, parent communication, etc.
In your post, assess one aspect that you feel is commendable with support from Chapter 5 of the textbook. Then, evaluate one aspect that you feel could be improved with support from the text (these may include aspects of the facility that were not addressed in the video). Lastly, offer specific ideas for improving these aspects. Your discussion post should be at least 200 words in length.
Nutrition, Health, and Safety
One of the most important responsibilities of early childhood administrators is to ensure that children’s nutrition, health, and safety needs are met. For this discussion, select one of the following nutrition, health, or safety concerns to research:
- Meal planning: A child who is on a gluten-free diet
- Playground safety: A child who repeatedly breaks the rules at the playground
- Immunizations: Parents who choose not to immunize their child
- Childhood obesity: Parents who send their overweight child to school with unhealthy snacks
- Food safety and sanitation: A food service worker at the center who doesn’t use a hairnet or gloves
- Communicable disease prevention: A teacher who does not wash her hands after helping children in the bathroom
Describe two to three strategies to address this nutrition, health, or safety concern. Support your ideas with a reference to at least one outside source and be sure to cite that source. Your discussion post should be at least 200 words in length.