Discussion Post Assignments | Online Homework Help
October 3rd, 2019
For your Midterm essay exam, you will complete 10 short answer essay questions which focus on the text chapters. Midterm essay answers must be attached as Word documents to the appropriate assignment page, not typed into the assignment student comments boxes. In addition to writing a 300 word answer to each essay question with APA formatted citations and references (APA title page and reference page are required. Each question should be answered clearly and numbered) students will answer each question thoroughly and completely, providing examples where required.
Answer the questions below in your Midterm exam.
- Explain the function and process of a neuron’s refractory period.
- Describe how the brain transports essential chemicals.
- Describe the main properties of neuropeptides (neuromodulators).
- Describe the basic functions and components of the autonomic nervous system.
- Describe the major brain mechanisms of eating and hunger.
- Describe the key functions of the major pathways in the visual cortex.
- Describe the behavioral effects of pheromones in humans.
- Describe the nature of Parkinson’s disease. Include a discussion of its causes and possible treatments.
- Describe the relationship of conscious decisions and movements. What may this relationship reveal about consciousness?
- Describe how light resets the SCN.