Discussion Post Assignments | Online Homework Help
– *USE ACADEMIC REFERENCES*
– *Use only academic sources– these are sources that are published in academic journals (e.g. journal of business management, journal of international business, journal of technology etc.) *
– No Plagiarism
– follow instructions
– Follow APA format review: http://guides.libraries.psu.edu/apaquickguide/overview
Developing Disaster Recovery Backup Procedures and Recovery
Course Name and Number: _____________________________________________________
Student Name: ________________________________________________________________
Instructor Name: ______________________________________________________________
Lab Due Date: ________________________________________________________________
In this lab, you applied the same concepts of disaster recovery backup procedures and recovery
instructions to your own data. You explained how you can lower recovery time objectives
(RTOs) with proper backup and recovery procedures, you defined a process for IT system and
application recovery procedures, you identified a backup solution for saving your own data, and
you tested and verified your backups for RTO compliance.
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. How do documented backup and recovery procedures help achieve RTO?
2. True or false: To achieve an RTO of 0, you need 100 percent redundant, hot-stand-by
infrastructure (that is, IT systems, applications, data, and so on).
3. What is most important when considering data backups?
4. What is most important when considering data recovery?
5. What are the risks of using your external e-mail box as a backup and data storage solution?
Copyright © 2015 by Jones & Bartlett Learning, LLC, an Ascend Learning Company. All rights reserved.
www.jblearning.com Student Lab Manual
6. Identify the total amount of time required to recover and install the Lab Assessment Worksheet(s)
and to open the file(s) to verify integrity. (Calculate your timed RTO using your computer clock
and your documented instructions.)
7. Did you achieve your RTO? What steps and procedures can you implement to help drive RTO
8. What are some recommendations for lowering the RTO for retrieval and access to the backup data
9. If you drive RTO lower, what must you do to streamline the procedure?
10. Why are documenting and testing critical to achieve a defined RTO?
11. Why is it a best practice for an organization to document its backup and recovery steps for disaster
12. What can you do to cut down on the recovery time for accessing, copying, and recovering your
Lab Assessment Worksheets to achieve the RTO?
13. What will encryption of a disk or data in storage do to the RTO definition when attempting to
retrieve and recover cleartext data for production use?
14. How many total steps did your backup and recovery procedures consist of for this lab exercise?
Are there any that can be combined or streamlined?
15. If the individual accessing the system for disaster recovery purposes were not familiar with the IT
system and required system administrator logon credentials, what additional step would be
required in the recovery phase?