Discussion Post Assignments | Online Homework Help
Read the Hewlett-Packard Company: Network Printer Design for Universality Case Study in the Simchi-Levi et al. text.
- Submit a thread of 500–700 words and respond to each of the 5 end-of-case discussion questions.
- Each question must be answered thoroughly, and responses must be supported by the concepts introduced in the reading/study materials.
- Provide a brief description of the concepts and the significance of the concepts to practice in general, as well as what problems might be resolved through successful implementation of the concepts.
- Support your thread by citing at least 2 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Must be in current APA format and must include a reference list, and each question/answer must be delineated under an APA heading.
In what way is a universal power supply a postponement strategy
2. What are the costs and benefits of a universal power supply?
3. How would such costs and benefits be different over the product life cycle?
4. Besides deciding on a universal power supply, what other operational improvements can you suggest to HP Boise?
5. What would be your recommendations about the adoption of a universal power supply?
Barzel, B., & Barabási, A. (2013). Universality in network dynamics. Nature Physics, 9(10), 673-681. doi:10.1038/nphys2741
Eliazar, I., & Shlesinger, M. F. (2018). Universality of accelerating change. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 494, 430-445. doi:10.1016/j.physa.2017.12.021
Feitzinger, E., & Lee, H. L. (1997). Mass customization at Hewlett Packard: The power of postponement. Harvard Business Review, 75(1), 116.
Musa, A., Gunasekaran, A., & Yusuf, Y. (2014). Supply chain product visibility: Methods, systems and impacts. Expert Systems with Applications, 41(1), 176-194. doi:10.1016/j.eswa.2013.07.020
Nelson, N. L., & Russell, J. A. (2013). Universality Revisited. Emotion Review, 5(1), 8–15. https://doi.org/10.1177/1754073912457227
Simchi-Levi, D., Kaminsky, P., & Simchi-Levi, E. (2008). Designing and managing the supply chain: Concepts, strategies and case studies (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Richard D. Irwin, Inc. ISBN: 9780073341521.
Wang, L. (2011). Universality of design and its evolution: Comment on “The constructal law and the evolution of design in nature”. Physics of Life Reviews, 8(3), 257-258. doi:10.1016/j.plrev.2011.08.003