Discussion Post Assignments | Online Homework Help
Type: Individual Project
Unit: Defend Against Both Internal and External Threats
Due Date: Wed,6/12/19
Grading Type: Numeric
Points Possible: 150
Deliverable Length: 2–3 pages
View objectives for this assignment
- Assignment Details
- Learning Materials
- Reading Assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All Collapse All | Expand All
Key Assignment First Draft
For one of the final pieces of the Key Assignment (KA) you will identify the measures and variables to consider when building and managing a holistic cybersecurity program. This section should be added to your Individual Projects (IPs) from Weeks 1–3 to help create the first draft of the KA. This should give you the following sections upon completion of the Week 4 assignment:
- Unit 1 IP: Analyzing Information Security Management System (ISMS); ISO 27002
- Unit 2 IP: Understanding Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Unit 3 IP: Evaluating Cybersecurity Controls and Practices; Center for Internet Security (CIS) Controls
- Unit 4 IP: Complete Peer Review; Submit Key Assignment First Draft on Implementing and Managing a Holistic Cybersecurity Program
A holistic approach to cybersecurity can be defined as the measures to integrate physical, human, and technical safeguards to protect small, medium, or enterprise ICT systems. The goal of a holistic cybersecurity program is to build and manage a strategy that provides defense-in-depth measures that account for risks and vulnerabilities that may impact the confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of an organization’s ICT systems.
A holistic approach to cybersecurity first seeks a broad understanding of global risk factors that can impact the operability of ICT systems. Through identifying each risk variable and vulnerability, ICT systems management can then strategically identify proactive and defensive measures to reduce the size of threat surfaces in an organization.
For this assignment, perform research and compile a list of measures that can be part of a holistic approach to protect and defend against ICT system threats. In addition to all that has been learned in this course, research how next-generation technology and human best practices seek to manage, defend against, and most importantly, deploy proactive measures to prevent cyber attacks from impacting an organization’s ICT system.
Review your draft for any changes you may want to make, and update any deficiencies for this first draft review. In Week 5, you will finalize your project.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Unit 4 Reading Materials
- This article discusses aspects of a holistic cybersecurity program. Click here to read the article.
- This paper discusses factors that should be considered when building a holistic cybersecurity framework. Click on this link to learn more.
- This article covers 20 of the most beneficial awareness tips that should be common knowledge. Click here to read the article.
- This article examines several possible groups and types of individuals that could pose a threat to the cybersecurity of an organization. Click on this link to read the article.
- Evaluate cybersecurity best practices within business organizations
- Evaluate the purpose, importance, and primary content of Security Policies, Security Standards, Security Procedures, and Security Awareness within an organization
- Examine cybersecurity from a technical and managerial perspective
- Outline the application of techniques for identifying, detecting, and defending against cybersecurity threats within a business environ