Discussion Paper Assignments | Online Homework Help
Biases and Errors
After reading Chapter 5 and the articles on automaticity and the unconsciousness, consider some potential biases and errors in social interactions, such as, self-fulfilling prophecy, availability heuristic, representativeness heuristic, fundamental attribution error, actor-observer bias, etc.
· Define two social biases or errors.
· Then, discuss a personal example from your life that illustrates each.
· What role do you believe automaticity and unconsciousness may have played in the situation?
· How did the bias or error influence the outcome of the situation?
· Using academic resources sourced through the UoR Library, assess why these errors and biases occur and consider ways that they can be reduced.
Feenstra, J. (2013). Social Psychology. San Diego: Bridgepoint Education, Inc. ISBN: 978-1-62178-578-1
· Chapter 3: Culture and Gender
· Chapter 4: Attitudes, Attributions, and Behavior
· Chapter 5: Making Judgments