Discussion Covert Action and Intelligence Assignments | Online Homework Help
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 7, 8
- Lecture 1
- Link (website): The Man Who Sold the War’: Marketing Iraq
- Link (PDF): National Security Strategy (2017)
- Link (video): Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Link (website): Covert action
- Link (website): The Operation that Killed Bin Laden
Covert Actions are secret by definition but given the resources required and impact on national security, it seems problematic not to have accountability. However, accountability cannot occur with complete secrecy.
Using the categories in chapter 8, correlate that information to what you may find in a newspaper or journal article and analyze the successes or mistakes of an unclassified account of counterintelligence. Use the chapter information to make your points.
Read postings provided by your instructor or fellow students. Read and respond to the conclusions drawn by your classmates. Remember to read the feedback to your own major postings and reply throughout the week.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
- Using APA format, provide at least one citation with corresponding references page and use appropriate in-text citation(s) referring to the academic concept for the initial post.
Grading and Assessment
Meeting the minimum number of posting does not guarantee an A; you must present an in-depth discussion of high quality, integrate sources to support your assertions, and refer to peers’ comments in your secondary posts to build on concepts.
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric.
Learning Outcome(s): 1, 5
1. Assess the theoretical effectiveness of intelligence and covert action with regard to analyzing governmental structure and national security policy.
5. Examine the history and structure of U.S. intelligence.