Discussion Assignment | Homework Help Websites
This assignment is designed to deepen one’s understanding of the proliferation of function creep and data exhaust – two concepts that are important to understand in today’s data-rich environment. Function creep refers to data collected for one purpose and then used for another, unintended purpose. Data exhaust is the term used to describe all the data we produce while going about our daily lives. The activity is simple and scalable just follow these rules:
- Pick a time before the due-date conduct this 48-hour experiment and commit to live off-the-grid during that time.
- Define the extent to which you will be off-the-grid. For example:
- No social media,
- No ATM – bank teller only
- No debit/credit cards or Venmo/Paypal digital transfer – cash only
- No cell phones
- Cell phone voice calls only
- No online activities requiring a sign-in
- No email, texting, video chatting
- Etc etc….
- Keep a record of your activities and what it was like for you during the experiment.
- You may write up your findings in 750 words,